Friday, October 12, 2012

Babies!

I woke up this morning to a message from my dad saying my new little brother and sister had been born! It's so exciting but it makes me wish I was home to welcome the twins properly. I have just sent them some flowers via an online delivery site: thank you Internet!

So, things have been going OK here. I'm eating a very cleanly, though I'm still having trouble at the end of the day. I tend to stay up very late as most days my work schedule is 1:30-9pm, but it's meaning I do perfectly during the day but get the munchies around 3 am. I'm not binging or anything, but when I've eaten my range of calories in the day, I don't want to be adding that extra bowl of cereal, or extra bread and jam at night.

Focus on the positives though!

I've made my lunch both yesterday and ready for today to take into work.
When my friend texted me and asked if I wanted to go to the all you can eat teppanyaki place on my day off I took serious stock of myself and told her 'not today thanks', because I didn't feel hungry enough and didn't want to gorge myself (as I undoubtedly would have! It's expensive and there is always a sense with 'all you can eat' that you want to get your money's worth) .
Yesterday I had a nice (expensive ><) piece of salmon waiting for me for when I finished work, and despite begin tired and catching myself trying to rationalise going out and buying something instead, I went home and cooked it with some broccoli and corn on the cob.
I went the gym yesterday and Tuesday (Tuesday with the hangover from hell, but I was there because it was the first 'healthy' day in the plan and I didn't want to miss it)

So there we go. It may not be perfect but I think the positive outweighed the negative. Unfortunately I'm now fighting off a wretched cold of some kind so I'm not feeling great, but I'll try to make sure it doesn't lead to me making lazy choices. If anything, eating clean now is more important to make sure I'm getting enough good stuff to fight off the sickness (though I find it ironic that only after I start eating helthily do I get sick in the first place...).

0 comments: