Thursday, September 24, 2009

Biggering

I'm biggering again. It's an issue. Such a large issue in fact that it has required me to go back to my old size clothes, which makes me kind of sad.

I got lazy. After my experience I intended to keep making stuff for myself but there were nights when I was tired and hungry, and wanted things now now now! So I'd go the store and buy something. 'Eat anything I want provided I make it' became 'Make most things but have a treat now and then' became 'Binge eat anything I want and promise I'll get back to other stuff soon'.

Obviously this can't continue, so I'm starting South Beach again. I was making the excuse that produce is SO EXPENSIVE here, but I'm willing to shell out the extra money for specialized ingredients and imported ingredients, so why not for this? No real reason other than the fact that I'm justifying it differently in my head.

I had a bit of a false start today; I overslept which meant that all my planning kind of went out the window. I did try my first ever green smoothie today which was better than I imagined, so that's a step in the right direction. My blender made an unfortunate grinding noise that I think was it's death rattle, so I'm going to have to get a new one.

Sigh, lather rinse repeat.

2 comments:

Once Upon A Dieter said...

Gosh, it is sooo depressing to have to go back to clothes that are size up. Hate that. I keep looking at the stuff I saved when I was 20 lbs lighter than I am now, and I just sigh.

I've been holding steady for a lot of months now, but that's frustrating, too, as I want to fit into the smaller clothes I bought for motivation.

Anyway, here's to you restarting SoBe! No onigiri for you!

And you are a brave soul to be a big gal in a country of teeny people. I figure my butt wouldn't fit anywhere in Japan and I'd be in trouble if I needed to buy a pair of knickers. :P

chubrubb said...

I have tons of stuff that I'd bought after losing 60 lbs 5 years ago... They might not even be in fashion now! It's always depressing to go back to bigger sizes, but don't beat yourself up.
The "I want to eat now! now! now!" issue is like maybe my n°1 issue. If you find a way to solve it, let me know!!
Glad to hear (read) from you again!!