Friday, September 25, 2009

100 days

Well, technically 98, but round numbers sound better. Wow, how did we get to less that a hundred days before the year ends?
Chubrubb terrified me with this realization of time, but has a good post up right now about what she wants to achieve in the last 100 days of 2009, and it seemed like a good time to lay out some ideas of what I want to do too. 100 days isn't so long that I'll completely lose track of myself, so it's worth a try. It would be nice to begin next year by continuing with my goals rather than restarting.

So what do I want to do before we put a cap in the first decade of this century? I want to...

  • Exercise regularly
  • Get as close to (if not under) 100kg as I can in the time
  • Stop binging, and related to that:
  • Stay on plan solidly
  • Drink a green smoothie every day
I have been saying I want to exercise regularly for months and haven;t got my arse in gear. Rather than give myself a certain amount of km to cover (though I may switch to that i I feel it will be more motivating for me), I'm going to say 5 days a week no matter how big or small the ride. I think this will help me to get more in the habit again, I can always focus on distance later.

My second goal is something that will come as a result of achieving the others, so I don't have anything to put in place for that just yet.

Drinking a green smoothie in the morning (or starting and then finishing during the day, I have the one I started this morning in my cool thermos right now that I'm sipping from) should start me off well for the day and ensure I get my fruit and veg minimum. I will also mean that I always have at least a mouthful of something in the morning which will hopefully help me with my other two goals.

The only way I'm going to stop binging on stay on plan is to plan my time better. Make sure I eat breakfast every day before school, and make a lunch (either the night before or the morning of, but be honest with myself over whether I will really get up to make it). Plan out snacks, and make sure one of those snacks is around the end of school so I'm not climbing the walls looking for food by the end of work. The times I'm most prone to just buying food is school lunch and directly after school. These hungry times often lead to binges ('if I'm going to buy ready made food I may as well') and it doesn't need to.

Just keep repeating to myself: I don't want to make today (or tomorrow) the day, I want to make now the moment.

What are you going to do for you in the last hundred days?

1 comments:

chubrubb said...

Yay! Gambatte! (I hope that's how you say it!)