Thursday, July 2, 2009

I bought the bag

I know, I know, I said it was a goal bag, I did, and that was my intention. But the, on my way home from work the strap on my bag began to unravel, and that moved up the urgency rating from 'hmm, this is getting a little beat up, I should probably get a new one', to 'crap! this could break any day and leave me at the side of the road juggling all the piece of stuff I have to haul 20 minutes to home!'. So into the virtual shopping bag it went.

I know this sounds like an excuse, but there we go.

I wish I were ordering it because I had magically woken up this morning at 102, but sadly that's not the case. It will probably take a couple of weeks to arrive though, so maybe I could be by the time it gets here? Who knows, but I'll give it a shot.

For anyone who was admiring the bag, I got it from Etsy, there is a great bag designer called Janine King Designs. My last laptop bag (this one) was from her too, and I can't tell you how I've abused it the last couple of years. I carry it, overstuffed, to and from school every day. I've used it for hand luggage, I've used it for grocery haulage, this bag has paid it's dues and held up well. She has some awesome patterns and I highly recommend her. It's a little pricey, but definitely worth it in my humble opinion.

Tomorrow I'm off to Nagoya, I'm having lunch at Hard Rock Cafe and can't find their nutritional info anywhere. I'm beginning to think I'm better of just going and enjoying myself, rather than worrying about it. It would be, well, not niceper se, but informative at least, but I don;t think ti will hold any good news for me. Does anyone know where I can find the info for future reference? The usual calorie places don't seem to be turning it up.

3 comments:

Mama Bear June said...

Interesting. Hard Rock must be one of those places that resist releasing nutritional info. Did find FIVE whole items that list nutritional info.
Hard Rock food
Check out this article YIKES!
Path to Health

SeaShore said...

Comments are not enabled on your most recent post, so I'm putting this here.

it really makes me wonder why I'm bothering.

You know why. Because if you regain what you lost and then some, eventually you'll get to the point where you can't stand it and want to try losing again. You'll get really upset at that point and cry "why did I let this happen again? Why didn't I keep going?"

I'm not one to talk. I've been there more times than I care to remember. Right now I've been thinking "can I actually get to goal before I start climbing back up the scale? Can I maintain at any weight?" because I've been indiscriminantly chowing down this past week. Trying to talk myself out of bad habits and not being too succesful. I read about so many people who "get it" and I know I don't. Even after being more or less on plan for 15 months I do not get it.

Even if you can only be successful part of the time right now, at least make the good choices where and when you can. Try to build on those and not get bogged down in the defeatist muck. Backsteps happen. We need to see that this is the long haul that we're in for.

Go back and read some of your posts about your successes.

Good luck. I hope you make it through. You are worth the "bother".

ani pesto said...

Like SeaShore I'm really commenting about the most recent post. I'm so with you, I've been feeling that very same panic and tightening waistband.

It's hard to read because in all your posts the reason why all this is worth it, why YOU'RE worth it, why you SHOULD bother, is so clear. I only wish I knew how to let you know what we see. I don't know what to advise, if I did, I should know to take some of my own medicine. Hang in there chick.