Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day off

I took the day of work today. I had no classes (and won't have any until after the exam finishes in a couple of weeks) and wanted more sleep this morning, so I texted my supervisor to tell her I was taking a vacation day and went back to bed. It was nice.

I failed in my initiative to only go to the supermarket once this week. I ran out of oatmeal and broccoli so I nipped to the store and grabbed a few things. I only spent 1300 yen though, so that was good at least. I also called my friend and canceled our plan to hit up Osaka so we could go to Ikea. I had gotten the impression she wasn't as keen to go as I was anyway, and after updating my bankbook (we don't get statements here, you have a book you update at the ATM that lists your transactions) and realised that with the bills still to come out I didn't have the money to fit it in without causing myself trouble. After thinking about it for a while I realised if it was going to cause me that amount of worry it wasn't worth it. We're going to try and squeeze it in on the 24th because my friend is visiting home for the summer and will leave on the 30th, and we also get paid on the 21st, so it would work out much better. I'm feeling much less stressed about things now, so I think it was the right decision.

My dad got a new kitten! Obviously I haven't seen it in person yet, but my sister got a few pictures of it so I can share:

The kitten, apparently, thinks it's a parrot and likes to sit on dad's shoulder:

And so a new month cometh. I updated my sidebar and exercised today, I seem to be getting into the swing of it again. I'm not so into it at the moment that I feel I can take a day off without losing it again, but it's not bad. I'm hoping that it will start making a difference to the scale soon, but I know from past experience that when I start biking again my weight usually sticks for a week or so before moving. I am saying now that July will be better than the June before it. My annual school medical is at the end if the month so I have something to look towards.

3 comments:

ani pesto said...

awwwwwww what an adorable little bundle of fluff, don't you just want to cuddle it all up through the photograph?

Glad to hear you're getting back into the swing of things again :-)

CouchPotatoAtHeart said...

What a cutie! I love that she already considers your dad her own person climbing frame:)

Mama Bear June said...

Love kitties! We have a parrot kitty, too. She doesn't do it quite as much anymore. But she did it a lot as a baby. She still loves heights, though. Has to get to the highest place in the room.
Path to Health