Thursday, June 18, 2009

Productivity: I HAS IT!

Today has been an absolutely awesome day, work-wise. I was studying kanji last night and feeling good about what I had reviewed, so in the spirit of continued productivity I made a to-do list for today. I went to bed at a reasonable time, looking forward to getting a god night's sleep and getting up in the morning (to say that this isn't usual would be an understatement).

This morning I set my alarm for 6am, and having enough sleep ensured I was actually up by 6:10. Not hitting the snooze meant that I had time to grab a shower (I usually shower at night but the weather has been humid the last few days and I really wanted to freshen myself up), pack my lunch, AND both make and eat a bowl of oatmeal calmly without worry about the time. I packed up all my stuff, took out my trash for the bin men (that's usually the one that gets left when I'm running out the door), an didn't have to fast-walk through the sticky, overcast morning.

When I got to school I kept to my list, and it has made my day so. much. better. I've felt completely on top of things all day, and I'm amazed by how much I did in quite a short space of time. I finished marking essays for one class (I still have others to do, but it was something I was really putting off so I'm glad I took a swipe at the pile), did a metric ton of photocopying for my lesson last period (each class has 40 students here! How much would that completely not fly back home?), checked out my third year lesson I have planned for tomorrow and made up another activity so I'm completely prepared for it, started writing questions for the third year exams, and went through the lesson plan carefully with my JTE (Japanese Teacher of English) and the teacher trainee that shadowing her for his university work placement. The lesson went great, the first years responded well to the song I was using and seemed to have fun.

I can't remember the last time I had such a good work day.

2 comments:

ani pesto said...

What a fantastically positive day :-)
Great to see you came back while I was away and are moving towards a truly positive place again. You go girl!

Mama Bear June said...

Glad you had an awesome day! So did you make your list in kanji? ;-)
Path to Health