Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Must Remember Restraint

I am here, I'm just busy. Things are on track with food though so it's all good.

The humidity cranked itself all the way up to 88% yesterday, which was an unpleasant all round. The school finally cracked and switched on the AC 'on a trial basis to check it's working'. The Government recommends that schools don't switch it on until we get to 28C and a certain amount of humidity, so for them to go against that you know it must have been bad.

My DVD player finally gave up after acting strangely for the past week or so. It's like it heard me say I want to save as much as possible and thought 'O RELY?!!!1!' before promptly shutting down. I've found a cheap replacement but it's still money I would rather have not had to spend, especially since I've been trying to justify buying a really cute bag I have my eye on to replace another I have that is wearing out. I extra money spent replacing the player means that it's been pushed out of reach I think. I could buy it, technically I have the money, but I've only just got to the point where I've got money in savings instead of just keeping out of debt, so I don't want to spoil that. It's on sale, so I don;t know how long it will be around, but I may make it a little goal purchase, where if I stay on plan for X amount of time I can buy it. Decisions, decisions.

I was going to choose a weekend soon and head up to Osaka for the day to hit up Ikea for new bedding and stuff, but now I'm think mayhap that wouldn't end well.

Edit: Oops, I was so caught up in blogging that I didn't realise until after that I hadn't packed my lunch for tomorrow! Nice way to stay on plan huh? I went into the kitchen and whipped up some chicken/onion/veg with a dash of chili mix, and put threw some brown rice in the rice cooker though, so as soon as it's cooled I'll pack it up. That was a close one! See, it's not the intentions I get wrong, it's the actually doing it part...

2 comments:

300ways said...

The "doing part" is what gets me too.

I love IKEA, my husband thinks that is a sure sign of insanity.

Cammy said...

LOL It's the "doing" that gets me in trouble, too!

Keep up the great planning! I can see it makes a big difference for you!