Monday, June 29, 2009

I feel pretty

I'm wearing a new dress to work today because it arrived last weekend and it was hot when I woke up (but is now just warm and the wind tells me it will rain, d'oh! Typical).

For those not in the know, my school work clothes have consisted of black trousers and a top (or jeans and a top if it's extra cold/I'm feeling lazy/I haven't done the laundry) basically since I got here two years ago. So, to show up in a dress, even a dress with leggings under it, is apparently a big deal. The JTE I worked with today has said repeatedly how gorgeous I look (her words, sometimes usage of certain words don't quite translate so she says 'that necklace adds a gorgeousness to your outfit, but it gets the point across), and apparently it's a topic of conversation among the staff as a Japanese teacher who doesn't speak English said to my JTE that everyone thinks I look good. One one hand it's awesome to get so many compliments, on the other it's mildly creepy that they've been discussing me.

The dress is a really nice blue that would go very well with a certain orange bag. I'm just saying.

Sadly my quest for the bag is going backwards because it turns out the 103.8 was just a dip caused by the end of my monthly visit, so it looks like it's the bike for me when I get home. I'm thinking some Doctor Who while I work, now that the DVD player is up and running again.

4 comments:

Cammy said...

Ah, you'll have that bag in no time!

Congrats on all the compliments! I know what you mean about the creepiness factor, but shrug it off and accept that you ARE pretty! It's high time the others noticed!

Lisa said...

Congrats on looking great! :)

- Lisa
www.losewithlisa.blogspot.com

Tully said...

Sounds gorgeous, but I think it is cruel that you write this post and don't give us a picture to admire your beautiful dress! :-)

Mama Bear June said...

I agree, where's the photo????? No fair! Post a photo and then we can all tell you how gorgeous you are, too!
Path to Health