Friday, June 12, 2009

Day 1

I got up a 5:30 in the Godforsaken morning this morning so that I could call my Granddad to wish him a happy 80th birthday before he went to bed/I went to work. I'd tried at a much more sane time the previous night, but couldn't seem to catch them. I wish I'd been able to go home for it, but it just wasn't possible.

The bad news was my weigh in, you can see the damage in the sidebar. I did weigh in with less sleep than I'd like, and I'm aware that the first couple days eating correctly with yield some water weight, but it was not a happy number. The morning was more good than bad though, seeing that weight today makes me really glad that I am trying this again now, instead of leaving it to fester for a little longer, other than that I'm trying not to dwell on it too much. I may try and give myself a few days before I weigh in again though.

The extra time this morning meant that I had a chance to shower before work instead of at night like I usually do, and I also had time to make a proper breakfast. Lunch at work has made the slide back to the convenience store, and I've started eating it earlier because I've been missing breakfast, which has lead to me being starving around 2pm, and then eating everything not nailed down when I get home at 4:30. I made myself eggs with yellow bell pepper and cheese this morning, and it's definitely made a big difference. I didn't have a huge amount of lunch stuff ready at home, so I put a banana, two kiwi fruits, and a portion of yogurt covered raisins with almonds in a bag. I'd like more protein in the future, but other than that I'm happy with it as a 'grab and go' lunch. I'm hoping that coupled with the fact that I'll eat it at a proper lunch time and the eggs are keeping the worst of the hunger at bay, that it will be fine for the day.

Today I need to get myself back into pushing the water, so I'm keeping an eye on my bottle level. This is good, I'm feeling virtuous. The real test will come late tonight later tonight when the cravings hit, I think I'll be in for a difficult few days with them as I've been denying myself very little recently. Still, chin up! Never trouble trouble 'til trouble troubles you and all that.

0 comments: