Saturday, May 2, 2009

Warning: Unedited ramblings

I know I've already updated once for today, but I suddenly have an urge to binge and I thought maybe writing would help me wait it out. This will probably ramble quite a bit, feel free to turn back now.

I certainly hope my 'time of the month' theory is right because this is the first time I've had a properly strong urge to stuff myself since... well, last time I was on my period actually. I've got an odd craving for pork pies that has come out of nowhere, and I really want some crunchy, biscuit-y chocolate. It's definitely not hunger because I ate really cleanly today and was actually about 100 calories over what I should have been. I was planning on getting on my bike (as always) so it wasn't going to be an issue, but my knee has really been bothering me today so I'm thinking of giving it a rest.

It could partly be an emotional response because a lot of my friends are off doing stuff for Golden Week and I'm here in my apartment, as well as a quasi-thing happening with a friend I was going to visit but am now not which is making me feel bad. Mix that in with a faint PMS feeling and that way there be dragons.

Ah! Friend just called and we sorted things out (argh, I don't want to go into details here but basically I canceled on her because of another person there but couldn't explain that to her on the phone because the other person would hear and I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings), I'm still not going but we're fine and she understands.

Hmm, weirdly my worst cravings are now gone. Guess it was emotional after all? Or I've just been typing long enough that the craving has passed. Jesus this is going to be a long 'visit' at this rate. So, I suppose that now makes this rambling post redundant. I'll press publish anyway, maybe it can serve as a lesson to not give up and walk to the store straight away.

4 comments:

Cammy said...

:D <-- Me, beaming with pride for you!

ani pesto said...

Well done for dealing with that so fantastically healthy, typing was a great decision. It does sound like it might have been due to emotional issues you weren't facing. Just think, if you had given in to the binge, the friend would still have called and it would have still been sorted - but you would have been left beating yourself up instead of just feeling curiously fine.

I'm really glad you typed this out as it will remind you and others (me totally!)

Miss Milo said...

Thanks so much for pressing 'post'! You've inspired me to try 'writing it out' next time I feel the binge monster lurking. :)

Wei Sic Meow said...

Well done on diverting a potential binge. Good stuff!