Sunday, May 3, 2009

Victory

I made it to bed last night without giving in to the binge impulse so I'm very happy with myself. I woke up this morning with the reward of being down to 103, no sign of Auntie Flo yet so maybe I can get below 103 before she arrives? We'll see.

So far my food has been awesome. I went grocery shopping a couple of days ago and the (expensive) frozen blueberries I added to my smoothies last week were nearly half price, as was the frozen mango. I took advantage and bought two, along with a pack of the mango (that I haven't tried before). Because of the holidays I have more time to prepare and eat breakfast, so I had bran flakes with a chopped banana and milk, and a smoothie of strawberries, blueberries and banana, with a splash of milk. It's a big breakfast (and higher calorie) but it's super-healthy, and really refreshing now that the weather is moving up to the wrong side of warm. I had a light lunch of tuna, cucumber (my love affair with sliced cucumber continues but I can't help myself, it's so good cool from the fridge), and dressing. I have a beef/tomato/veg mix to be served over broccoli planned for dinner, so my plan to eat more balanced food is going really well.

I didn't end up exercising yesterday, and my knee feels much better for it, so I'm glad. It would seem it didn't cause me any kind of set back so things are great. I'm going to get changed (I had no plans today so stayed in my night shirt, lazy? Yes, am I bothered? No) and put on my Family Guy DVD so I can get my workout done. Hope everyone's Sunday is going well!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Congrats on your eating and great week! I really like your exercise calendar on your blog. It really lets you see how your doing. Is it easy to use? I have too much going on the keep up with too much!

Have a great week!

Cammy said...

Excellent victory! Looks like you've got some really good nutrient-rich meals going on just now. Perfect for your holiday from school!

I'm a cucumber addict, too. So refreshing!

SeaShore said...

Congratulations for making it through without binging, and for the loss!