Friday, May 8, 2009

TGIF

My God, today has been one giant rush around. I had a class to teach second period and worksheets to make for my third year class that were fiddly that just kept me busy busy busy. The lesson wasn't bad, but was the worst I've had with that class so far. It wasn't really their fault though, (or at least, not a problem with them in particular). We've only just come off of Golden Week vacation so it's been a two day week, and they have exams coming up week after next. Which basically means that there was going to be no way their minds would be on their lesson. They did better than I thought they would and tried their best, but they were very easily distracted and talking to each other a lot more.

Man, I did not get enough sleep last night at all (spent three hours looking for what should have been a really easy to find worksheet, but no, I had to draw one from scratch). I was dreading today a little because I knew I had a lot to do, and it led to feeling like everything was going wrong. I woke up late, missed breakfast, grabbed a banana and went to throw some yogurt raisin/almond mix into a container to replace it, only to realise that I didn't have a second pack of almonds like I thought. My work was taking longer than I thought so I ended up working through lunchtime instead of being able to go buy some food, which means my total intake today has been the banana and 30g of raisins with the 7 or so almonds I salvaged from the bottom of the pack. And that was at 9am. I've just finished my lesson so I can now relax, I'm done with my work for the day.

I don't want this post to be one huge complaint so I'm going to end with the positive that after almost 7 days of uninterrupted pouring, the rain has finally stopped, and in the last hour the grizzly, overcast sky has given way to blue. The forecast says it's going to stay that way for the next few days, my lessons are over, the weekend is less than an hour away, and I have a chocolate coffee to keep me company. It's going to be OK.

I have no idea what I weigh. I know I was up before, but forgot to check this morning in the panic, and even if I had probably wouldn't have liked it because of how little sleep I'd had. I saw a low of 102.2 this week so I'd love to see that again tomorrow, but I'll just have to get my workout in tonight and see what happens with the scale.

0 comments: