Thursday, May 21, 2009

Let's try this again

I'm not going to lie to you, it's been a bad week.

I didn't exercise for 6 days, 6 days you guys.

I really thought last time I posted that I was going to get through it relatively unscathed, but it didn't happen, and the thought of my birthday (which was on the 18th) was bothering me more than I was admitting, and I feel like I just went mad. I stopped logging my food. I stopped reading blogs (so sorry for the lack of comments this week).

But now my birthday is over and I'm feeling better. I have a dinner out on Saturday but I think I can handle it. I spent the last few days looking a short trips in Asia for September because we have a group of public holidays coming up, and yesterday made inquires at a travel agent about a cheap flight I saw to Korea. They got back to me and I accepted so I'm going to Seoul in a few months time. It will be my first time in Korea (even though it's only a short trip, I get 5 full days as I arrive late night and leave early morning, hence the cheap fare) and I'm looking forward to it. My supervisor is going to take me to the bank to help me with the money transfer this afternoon (the chances are high to very high that I'd screw up the kanji by myself) and I've booked my hostel. This is all very exciting!

I exercised last night for the first time in a while and it felt good to knock 40km out, even if it was slow. I was going to wait until I had a few better days under my belt before I posted anything here, especially after I posted last time and then went off the rails, but I want to capture this mood and keep it. I leave September 17th so that's just under 4 months away, for some reason that feels more tangible, more real, than the hazy goal of Christmas. Korea should also be a good dry run for the plane too, it's only a short flight (2 hours) so it will be a small plane. If I can be comfortable this trip I will be totally fine for the long-haul flight home.

Things are looking brighter.

3 comments:

chubrubb said...

I feel like it's normal to be having a rough time after 2-3 months of being motivated and things just falling into place. I hope you feel better soon and YAY for the trip to Korea! That sounds awesome!

Wei Sic Meow said...

Sorry you had a bad week, but things are looking up. Have a great trip, can't wait to hear about it.

And happy belated birthday!!

Lauren said...

It actually might be a big plane. Whenever I stop over in Japan on my way back to Korea, it's a big plane between countries. Don't know if that helps or not.