Sunday, May 10, 2009

Indianapolis to Denver

I have a rule when running that I have to stop on a point that's divisible by 5, so 5km, 10km, 15km etc. It was to stop me from petering out on a bike and giving up, if I want to stop it has to be on one of those numbers. Today I made an exception. I did 30km this morning and I just finished 24.6km. An odd number to stop on be sure, so why did I choose it?

Because I needed 24.6kn to get to a total of 1609.4km since I bought the bike. The significance of this (for anyone who doesn't work with the metric-imperial conversions too well) is that it means I have now biked a total of 1000 miles.

Awe. Some.

Sadly, tribute must be paid for those who died in the attempt of this achievement.

During my last leg to victory I managed to snap not just one but two of my pedal size holder notch things and now need to get a new strap for it. I have no idea how to go about this, so any advice on where I can get them from that will ship worldwide would be great.

So yeah, feeling good. It's kind of strange, when I bought it I never thought I'd get so far with it. I've heard the phrase 'a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step' before, but never thought I'd ever be able to say it literally. Well, for anyone just starting out who thinks they can't keep up with it, if someone of my weight can go from doing nothing but a walk to school to a thousand miles in 93 days, then I'm sure you can too.

5 comments:

fighting_fat said...

Congrats:)

Mama Bear June said...

Congrats on the great biking mileage!
Path to Health

chubrubb said...

Wow that's crazy! You're doing such a great job, well done!

theworldsdresser said...

Woohoo - that's awesome!

Emily said...

Hey, found you on HYC, keep up the good work and I'm totally with you about the divisible by 5 rule :)