Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday WI: Okay, really back now

My body chemistry seems to have righted itself and I woke up this morning wanting to take care of me. I had trouble finding the right bus out of crazy town, I didn't understand the currency and I used the wrong verbs, but I'm here now so it's all OK.

Yesterday I could feel things losing their grip a little, I cleaned out some of the rooms in my apartment and localized the mess in the others. I did my dishes. I cleaned off the table in the kitchen (which is the only workspace I have in there so it drives me a little crazy when it's dirty).

I've mentioned before that you can tell my frame of mind from my apartment, this is true. You can also tell from my garbage. If it look like compost then things are great, if it needs sorting from recycling things are not. All the bad stuff I fall back on when I binge comes in plastic containers.

This morning (err... afternoon, I woke up at gone 1pm) I weighed myself even though I didn't want to. I knew I would have a gain and I didn't want to be back where I started at the beginning of this year. I think seeing 110kgs would have killed me. I even had an excuse, I'm still on my period and I don't tend to weigh in during that because it drives me mad and isn't accurate, but honestly it's the last day so I'm not holding on to much water anymore. If I had ignored the weigh in I think it would have been easy to slip back into the habits of this week until the next weigh in loomed. So here are the numbers:

Weight: 107.4/236.2lbs
Difference: +0.8kg

It's nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be so I'm feeling OK. I really let exercise fall to the wayside this week so my goal for the next week is to get back to my 100km. I bought a cheap heart rate monitor, so that should be fun to use.

Spring has sprung (again) in my Japan, and the cherry blossoms coupled with my mosquito bikes make me think it's here for good this time. I started my day with a shower to cool off (my apartment holds the heat easily), opened all the windows, and made a really refreshing smoothie (one small banana, 8 strawberries, ice, a splash of milk) to eat with my bran-flake cereal.

2 comments:

ani pesto said...

Not too bad at all, you'll pick that back up in no time.

I'm just the same, if the house is in disarray it's a sure sign I am. When I was a teenager my Mum used to use my bedroom as a barometer for how I was doing (when it was a nightmare mess she'd know I wouldn't respond well to questioning)

Cammy said...

Love the analysis: compost=whole foods vs. recyle=notthebestfoods! I'm going to remember that one.

I see weight a little differently from you. To me, my mid-cycle upswing is accurate, because it reflects my actual weight at that moment in time. I know to expect it, and I know it's only temporary if I keep doing the right things. I noticed that when I considered the cyclical gain as inaccurate, I started lumping other minor gains in with it. Pretty soon, I was cycling 22 days a month! :) (I haven't noticed you doing that, though. It was my own failing.)

Happy Spring!