Saturday, March 7, 2009

Weigh In

I weighed in at 108.4kg this morning, a welcomed drop from the high of this week. Last week I didn't want to admit my weight, it was 108.8. Over this week it rose higher and at one point surpassed 110kg, so I feel good that Ive seen a sharp drop from that. I feel like I'm on the right path again.

Exercise was very good this week, I biked every day for a total of 105km (65.2 miles).

I met up with my friend last night. I thought about it for a while and asked her if it was OK if we just went for coffee instead of dinner. She was fine with that but when I met her I knew she hadn't had dinner yet, so we compromised. I suggested Coco's (a western style family restaurant) that has a good drink viking (a drink viking is like a drink buffet, you pay a set amount and help yourself to it) and I had a little snack instead of a whole dinner so she wouldn't feel uncomfortable eating alone. All in all I'm really pleased with how I handled it. I got to eat and drink some things I wanted, a half chicken quesadilla at 272 calories and a hot chocolate as one of my drinks, and still avoided getting all bloated up from sodium. I had a bowl of muesli when I got home from school so I wouldn't feel too hungry and it all worked out well.

Now I'm trying to find a dress for her wedding. It's harder than you'd think, so many things are black! It's a day wedding so I think black would be too dark, but I don't want to go for a really bright colour and be too garish either. I may end up getting either a dark or bright dress and putting a white bolero/shrug over it to try and balance it out? It's difficult, and I don't want to pay the earth for a dress I probably won't wear much.

I upped the resistance level for this week, and just got on my bike thinking that I could get 20km done. Wow. I barely made it to 10km. Sometimes that extra level up can make such a difference.

3 comments:

SeaShore said...

Congrats on your loss this week. You handled dinner out really well: a NSV!

Good luck with the dress shopping.

ani pesto said...

Very impressed with the way you handled dinner with your friend. I'm constantly finding myself in situations where I haven't been strong enough to stick to my guns in knowing what's best for ME. My mother-in-law's a great one for talking me into ordering food to share then making me feel bad for not eating half when I'd said I didn't want it in the first place. I need to learn some of your strategic thinking.

Cammy said...

I knew you could figure out a solution if you put your mind to it! Major NSV! {back pats}