Friday, March 27, 2009

Survey Says?

So, in keeping with the article I mentioned in my last post I lowered the intensity of my bike back to 1 last night, and just focused on going a good distance as fast as I could. It was insane! I'm so used to constantly adapting to steeper cycling every week I'd forgotten how easy level 1 is. It felt like I was flying I could go so fast! On level 6 (the resistance I've been doing the rest of this week) it would take me about fourteen and a half minutes to do 5k on average. Last night I did 20k in 36:32, which works out as 9:08 for every 5k! Madness!

My back up dresses for the wedding arrived. I was surprised because the smallest one I ordered fit me perfectly. I know I'm not really a size 18 (I'm still uncomfortable when my size 20 'smaller' jeans that I'm slimming down into are buttoned), but because my top half is smaller and the hips on dresses are often free, I can fit into smaller sizes in them. The smaller one was the dress I thought I wouldn't like as much, but it turned out to look lovely on, where as the purple dress I was really looking forward to had a ton of really unflattering purple netting over the beautiful fabric! Why? It was so ugly. I cut it off the heavy second layer that was all gathered up, leaving a smooth thin layer which look much better.

Now I just have to choose which one to wear! I love the colours in the purple one, but I think the other might flatter me a little more, thoughts? (click for larger versions, excuse the hideously bad quality pictures!)



10 comments:

jeannie* said...

I think the first one is super flattering! That's my vote :)

blendergrl said...

another vote for the fist one - it looks great on you!

chubrubb said...

I love the purple one, it looks awesome with the white bolero!

Marshmallow said...

My vote goes for the first one too :-) I love the colours on the purple one, but for me, the shape and fit is more important than any colour, and that first one is YOU all over :-)

Tamera said...

The fist one! It's very slimming looking, and makes yur body look longer than the purple one does.
;)

Lauren said...

I like the first one on you. The purple one is nice, but I vote for number 1. Also, on yesterday's post. I asked my cousin, who is a sports therapist if there was a way to target where you lose fat, and she said no. When you lose weight, the fat will go where it wants and it has nothing to do with how you exercise. However, weight training can help tone certain areas over others.

kathrynoh said...

I think the first one is more flattering but the second one is a great colour. It's hard to tell though - you can't really get a good idea when you are taking photos of yourself unless you plan to walk around holding up your camera all night :D

Wei Sic Meow said...

I like the first one, definitely flattering. Good call on the white shrug, it really works.

You'll look great in either though, good choices.

Blossom said...

defintely the purple one, I love the ruffle on the bottom!

Cammy said...

Well, make it tough, why don't you?!

I like them both, but the fit on that first one is amazing! (Disclosure: I almost voted for the 2nd one, because I was having a moment of jealousy over the waistline on the first one. But then I decided that would be mean.:))

Either way, you'll look great!