Monday, March 2, 2009

Sleepy

I woke up at 2:45 am this morning because I was dreaming that I couldn't breath and I was on fire. Turned out my mind was trying to tell me something as the temperature had risen a bit so my electric blanket was on too hot for my tastes, and my nose had completely blocked up due to allergies (an unfortunate by-product of the temperature rise). I had to get up for a few minutes to take and allergy tablet and turn my blanket down then realised while I was up that I had filled my slow cooker to full and it had bubbled over and made a mess. Oh yes folks, it was all excitement in chez Debiggering last night.

Fortunately, once I had gotten everything sorted my nose had cleared and I was able to go back to sleep, but I didn't get as much rest as I'd like. When I checked on my chili this morning it all looked fine, despite its late night adventures, so I have that to look forward to when I get home. I decided to forgo the meat and just have beans in it, so it's not very high calorie either. One tin of tomatoes turned out to be plenty, it should be delicious.

I have another 20km planned for tonight. As I said before I managed it last night, but I will feel better having the inhaler with me just in case. I'm the kind of person who gets very excited by brand new notepads, fresh pieces of paper, and new pens/pencils. I remember when I was in school I would always try to use the most space possible in those last few pages of my exercise book, because it meant I would get a new one and keep it perfect. I get the same feeling from seeing my fresh month's calendar on the right there. In February I didn't get the bike until after the month started so this is my first full sheet to dedicate to it. It makes me want to keep it perfect and unbroken, checking off every day.

Edit: Hee, some guy's home made Trader Joe's advert, watch it if you can.

3 comments:

chamachama said...

The New Year ends by the early one, Setsubun ends, too and March 3 is Hinamatsuri.

Various dieting、beauty, healthy is written in this blog.

Jim Purdy said...

Lyn, the well-known (heck, she's famous!) blogger at "Escape from Obesity," has been candid about her struggles recently.

Lyn has been an inspiration to thousands of dieters, and right now she needs a little encouragement. Drop by her blog at escapefromobesity.blogspot.com and give her some support.

Cammy said...

Ick! I know that middle-of-the-night-can't-breathe feeling! At least it enabled you to clean up the messy stuff before it dried. :)

You're going to rock February on that bike!