Monday, March 23, 2009

Siiick

What is up with this country? I feel like I get sick every two seconds here.

I was hoping it was just bad allergies (though in hindsight I'm not sure why as allergies would last me all season) but I'm definitely runny nosed, headache-y, sneezing, coughing sick. I was as happy as a druggie scoring a hit when I found half a bottle of cold pills (left over from my last bout) on my shelf.

I had a really bad night's sleep last night; I couldn't breathe through my nose and kept waking up (none of which has prompted the sunniest side of disposition in the cold harsh light of this morning).

I walked into school and am currently typing this at my desk. If I still feel rotten later I may go home at lunch, but I had to at least show my face at school so that they can see this is real and not something I'm making up to stretch out my three day weekend. It's spring break so there is nothing to do (I marked all my books last week), I can't decide if having actual work would make me feel better or worse.

God I don't want to work out today. I guess it comes down to a choice though, is this worth not making my goal to both 100km this week and to exercise every day? Survey in my foggy brain says no, but that doesn't mean my body is up to following. I may just reduce how much I'll do (say, 5km instead of 10), accept that I may not meet my weekly goal, but keep my monthly one intact.

3 comments:

Cammy said...

Sorry you're not feeling well? Do you suppose it could be the detergent you're using? Or maybe hidden mold or mildew?

Might be a good time for a well-deserved day off. Or maybe not as intense?

Feel better soon!

Lauren said...

I think that I fixed the comment issue, let me know ok. I'll probably change it anyway just because I love the cute kittens, but hate the thing at the top.

Tully said...

Remember that this is all about taking care of yourself and being good to your body and sometimes you need a break from the exercise to take good care of yourself!

I hope you feel better!