Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday WI

It's that time of week again and my scale says 107kg/235.4lbs for a loss of 1.4kg/3lbs.

I also achieved my exercise goal and think I will go up to the next resistance level after all.

Overall I'm pleased with how this week went. It wasn't that my eating was perfect, but I feel I dealt with myself appropriately when it wasn't perfect. Usually it just derails me completely. I didn't break in to the 106's but I was so close I don't really mind, and I was thinking that I was 108kgs last week, when actually I was 108.4, so I had lost more than I thought. I'm really hoping with a bit of work I can get into the 105's next week, but that would be quite a big loss to follow quite a big loss, so provided I get below 106.8 I'll be happy. My loss this week also means I finally, finally get a badge on the 4th of July Challenge. I swear, I've never lost weight so slowly before. Actually, that's a lie, it's not that I'm not losing weight, it's that the times when I go off plan makes me gain, so I'm losing the same weight over ad over, making my numbers look less impressive. Take this month for example, so far I've only lost 0.4kg for the month overall. But, my highest weight this month was 110.2kg, so technically I've lost 3.2kg, but can't officially count it. It makes me really want to get those crazy times under control, but at least three steps forward and two steps back is still one step forward in the end.

To everyone who told me to get rid of the scale, thanks for the thought but I don't work like that. I've tried it before and that way there be dragons. Yes, the scale is frustrating sometimes, but it's also a big motivational tool for me. I'm a 'need to know' kind of girl!

4 comments:

Cammy said...

Actually, I was being facetious. Considering I weigh fairly regularly (but usually forget what I weighed in at *g*), I'd be hypocritical to suggest someone never weigh him/herself. What I was *trying* to do with my comment was to highlight the fantastical job you've done with your exercise.

SeaShore said...

Congrats on the 3 lbs loss!

I hear you about the dragons in No Scale Land!

ani pesto said...

Fantastic loss, congrats!

You're so right, it's unrealistic to aim for perfect eating - it's unsustainable and leaves no wriggle room - aspiring to handle imperfect eating in the best way is a far better goal and as such you're doing fab.

I weigh myself most days too but only count it once a week.

chubrubb said...

You're doing a great job! The ups and downs don't count, it's the general movement that's important, and so far you're in the right direction!
Like Ani I weigh myself every day but my official weigh in is only once a month. The results are more impressive! he heee