Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday Weigh In

I'm up. Quelle Surprise.

107.4kg (236.2 pounds), a gain of 0.4kg (0.8lbs).

It wasn't as dire as I was expecting actually. I weighed myself before I went to bed and it was 108.8kg. I tried not to panic too much because I knew it would go down a bit with a good nights sleep, but I was still expecting to be about 108. It was nice to end up being only 0.4kg up, but it's still up and I feel it's unwarranted with the amount of work put into things this week.

The fact that it wasn't as high as I was expecting leads me to believe I'm on the right track with wanted to eat closer to calorie limit. Last night I finished only 4 under, and despite all the factors working against me (eating out, eating late at night) I was lighter when I weighed in today than I was yesterday.

Okay, on to brighter things. I was over my exercise target thanks to my late night mathematics, and my clothes have definitely been looser this week, so even if the numbers aren't going the right way it would seem something is. My weight set arrived yesterday so I'm going to give it a try today. I miscalculated the weight and amount of plates I had for them, so it's going to be a while before I'm strong enough to be able to lift the smallest weight. Which means I'm having to start with just the metal shaft things with no weights. They weigh 1.8kg each (about 4 pounds) so it's not so bad, but it makes me feel a little pitiful. I'll have to do a search on youtube to find a workout, have any of you lifters out there got any good links for a beginner with hand weights?

My goals for the next week are simple. I don't care who I have to kill, come hell or high water I want in to the 106s this week. And I want to stay there.

Calories: As close to my limit as can manage. Exercise: Keep going as I have been. Weights: find a workout I can enjoy and go for it.

3 comments:

My 3 Month Challenge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My 3 Month Challenge said...

Hmm for weights how about some core and lower body workouts? There's a lot of big muscles there and doing those would definitely up your muscle mass and metabolism. I don't have any sites that I constantly visit, but I like: squats, lunges, side lunges, deadlifts (all with weights).
What I usually do is I give those keywords each a google search (text/images) and try to look for explanations on posture, etc. Do be careful starting exercises with weights and do them in front of a mirror! :>
I also wrote a post on squats lately since they've really helped with my lower body these past 2 months :)

Cammy said...

Nothing at ALL wrong with using "just the bar" to start! (That's what I told myself in the beginning and it worked.*G*)

My current favorite site for finding exercises is www.myfit.ca. They have good demos.