Thursday, March 12, 2009

Relief

TOM arrived as I predicted it would (I was going to say 'hoped' but let's not get ahead of ourselves). This is the first time I've been able to predict it with reasonable accuracy, is it possible a side effect of the exercise is that I'm going to be more regular? We shall have to see. I mark it on my weight chart on MedHelp, so I should have a record I can check after a couple more months. It's made them less intrusive at any rate, I usually have quite bad stomach/back ache in the run up, but I didn't really feel anything until this morning. Good to know my recently-terrible skin and never ending appetite were because of something.

I did manage my 30km last night, but (as expected) I had to split it into two parts. I got as far as 20km the first time, and then did another 10km after dinner. I'm now over my target for the week, but I'm going to see how much more I can get done before Saturday. I have a feeling I'll need all the help I can get on the scale, especially if my special friend is still visiting. By some miracle I also managed to finish yesterday on calories, despite eating an entire small box of cookies while at school. I've remembered to bring my lunch with me today though (chicken, onion, and aubergine in a tomato sauce) there's no point tempting fate again.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

I'd say congratulations, but that would be weird, so just.. um, yeah. The biking is harder than I expected. I'm on level 3 and I did 40 minutes the first day, then I've been doing 30 minutes or 20 depending on the day. I always get above 10 km, so that is good. Hope you are doing well.

Lauren said...

It's not so much getting on the bike that is the problem, its the staying on the bike for long periods of time.

Lauren said...

What I'm thinking is that I'll go hardcore for the first 5 minutes then slow down then later when I feel like i can, go hard core again, just trying to keep my heart rate up.

Lauren said...

I'm an idiot, I just left a message on my own post for you. lol. I suppose that's true. BTW I have been exercising after work and it is much better than getting my butt out of bed in the morning. Also I requested you as a friend on facebook

carla said...

I do laugh at the comment about congrats---but it is so often congrats for me.
in the OOH NOW I KNOW WHY I WAS SOOOO SEEKING THE SUGARS!

MizFit

Wei Sic Meow said...

It's hard to ever go as far as to say you are glad to see TOM but it does often come as a relief doesn't it? "Oh, so I'm not just bloated, hungry, spotty and insane for no reason!!" I think the exercise does help, as does diet.

Sounds like you're back on track!

Cammy said...

I hope the lessening of the pain continues. I noticed a huge difference after I started exercising. All the monthly lower back pain just evaporated!