Monday, March 9, 2009

Nom Nom Nom

I bought a pack of fruit granola a little while back because I was running out of my favourite muesli and my new order (I get it online) wasn't due in for a few days. I was a little skeptical about it because it had all sort of dried fruit in it, along with the pumpkin seeds and nuts that I like. When it comes to bits in my cereal I don't mind raisins, but berries/tropical fruit re-hydrated with milk just don't do it for me. But, it was the lesser of the many evils lurking in the cereal aisle, and it did have nuts and seeds in it so I thought I'd just deal with it until my muesli arrived. Luckily for me my delivery arrived earlier than expected and I never had to use the granola I bought, it sat sad and unloved on my shelf.

Yesterday I was looking at one of the two mini containers in my bento box and wondering what to put in them. Usually I have my main meal in the larger tub, a serving of peanut butter in the other mini one, but am never sure what to do with the second compartment. I look over to the shelf and bingo! I can out my granola in there for a snack. Turns out the stuff that kind of grosses me out when you add milk is all sorts of magically delicious (excuse the mixed cereal references) when you eat it dry. Hurray!

The only problem I'm having not is that I keep finding myself dipping into the bag for a handful. I'm glad I found a use for the pack I bought, but I haven't decided if I'm going to buy it again yet. The reason I stopped buying snack bars/mini treats etc was because I just can't control myself and have one. If this turns into another one of those things I may have to rethink it.

2 comments:

Cammy said...

I would probably leave the second container empty, for symbolic reasons. :)

Like you, there are some foods I just don't need to keep in the house. Hope this one is okay for you!

Charlie Hills said...

"Can't eat just one..."

Killed many a-diet over the years. There are LOTS of things I shouldn't have around me, but unfortunately, the other three people in the house keep hauling it in.