Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I thought my calories yesterday were going to be insane, I totted everything up and ended up under. Despite this, and despite exercising yesterday and the day before, my weight is 108? I was so excited about getting below 106.8 and now I'm back up. I can only assume that lack of proper sleep and dehydration is taking it's toll but it's frustrating none the less. I'm kind of sick of treading water with these numbers.

I had planned to catch up on my sleep this morning because I have an unexpected day off, but they're building something across the street from me. Work starts at 8am and my walls are thin. That, coupled with my continuing congestion made has made sleep difficult.

Okay, enough of that. The good news is that I am still on plan for exercising every day, and I think I will be able to make my target for the week after all too, so it makes me feel good that managed to keep going through feeling ill.

With me being off work today I should have more time to exercise and be able to control my food better too. The watch words today are water, water, water.

3 comments:

ani pesto said...

ooh like the new look :-)

It's amazing just how much a lack of sleep can affect weight loss. I hope you get a break from the noise and get a bit of a lie-in soon.

Well done for meeting your exercise goals - awesome effort, even with a cold.

Doc Manette said...

I too, love the new blog redo!

I saw on the Today show (an american morning show) that women who got 8 hours of sleep each night lost more weight then the group of women who got under 6 hours/night.

I think being tired affects our eating habits - sugary stuff to wake up and also if we are tired we don't want to exercise.

Sorry you weren't able to catch up on a few hours of sleep due to construction. Bummer.

Cammy said...

As hard as it is to believe, you may to need to re-think your calories now that you're exercising. If you don't have enough fuel, the engine stalls, so to speak. Unfortunately we're not talking hundreds of add'l calories. When I stalled, I added in 100 calories and then 100 more, and that seemed to be the magic number. Just something you might want to research.

Hope you feel better soon!