Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday the 13th: Bwahahah!

Sometimes, after I binge, I wake up with what I term 'a food hangover'. It's a fuzzy, faintly sick feeling. You feel heavy and still kind of stuffed because you've slept on an over-full stomach, your head is aching a little, and right at that moment you never want to eat again. You sip some cold water slowly and wait for your body to get back to normal. It's been about 5 years since I've had a nights hard drinking, but it's something akin to the morning after.

I woke up feeling a little like that this morning, except without the binge the night before. I was going to write 'thankfully without the binge the night before' but really, I'm not thankful. I doesn't seem fair that I'm suffering for eating reasonable food and exercising. I think it was part feeling heavy from TOM, part not enough sleep, and probably part weather/environment related (I've been sneezing a lot today and it's grey and overcast). I got up, drank some water, and forced myself to eat a bowl of muesli so I wouldn't be starving later.

I was actually going to take today off and make it a three day weekend, catch up on some sleep, clean the apartment, but today is exam marking day and they need me here for when they have questions about the English answers (if a sentence a student writes doesn't match an example answer they have can they still accept it etc) so I check the answer they've written and we decide if they should get partial points or not. Still, it's Friday and I'm glad for the weekend.

I didn't get on my bike until 10:45pm last night (I was this-close to not getting on I swear), so I did 10km and called it a night. Sometimes you have to take what you can get and be done with it. Calories were fine as I'm not as ravenous now my little friend has arrived. I was 10 minutes late for work because I put the dinner I didn't eat last night into a container for lunch. Totally worth it. I have that to look forward to.

I'm completely alone in the staffroom right now (the teachers are up in the library marking, they come find me when they have a question) so I should be in for another fascinating 5 hours. I foresee some video watching in my future.

The phone keeps ringing and I know I won't be able to carry on a conversation in Japanese if I pick it up, but I feel bad ignoring it because I'm the only person here...

2 comments:

Cammy said...

I hope you're not coming down with something. :(

(Pssst! My feedburner thingie isn't working, but I wanted to let you know I'm having a cookbook giveaway. Yes, ME!) TippyToeDiet

Tully said...

Ha ha, I said the other day I had a food hangover, I even felt queasy like I was going to vomit the next... Charming...

Great work on the biking, I just cannot believe how many k's you're doing a week. You are nothing short of amazing.

Let's hope we both have a better week with food though hey?!