Sunday, March 22, 2009

Danger Will Robinson!

Remember all that talk about dealing with the situation appropriately when things don't go to plan? Well yesterday I had a chance to test it!

My mum sent me a package for Christmas, but she didn't consider that it might not be a good idea to send mince pies over the border and it got held for inspections, meaning that it arrived yesterday. In it were some presents, a tube of Cadbury's Snaps (watch this advert!) and 600g/21oz (!) bag of Cadbury Variety (individually wrapped chunks of Cadbury chocolate in various flavours). Oh God.

Snaps are basically chocolate pringles. Made of what I can only assume to be some form of crack. They combine all the moreish qualities of pringles, but with the bonus that they're made of delicious chocolate and therefore are far superior.

My calories were really low yesterday, like, 700 low, and thank God for it because I ate the entire box of chocolate pringles (just under 600 calories). I caught myself eyeing up the big bag once I was done, even though I knew it was going to make me feel sick, so I went into the kitchen and poured them all out on the table. Each one is about 50 calories so I split them into bags of five and put them in the freezer. Now if I want some chocolate I know that each bag is 250 calories and I can plan that into my day. Also, with them being frozen, I can't just eat them mindlessly. This was the biggest worry with me because I will just dip in as I go past, and with such a big bag you don't realise how big a dent you're making in it.

Apparently it was the right choice as this morning I was at the lowest I've been since I started this. I guess this all ties in with the theme of this week, the right choice doesn't have to be the perfect one. Reactions are just as important as actions.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Make sure you stay on track!

I think you made the right decision with freezing some of that chocolate, but that said there's nothing wrong with a little treat once in a while.

Hope you're okay otherwise dear!

chubrubb said...

"Snaps are basically chocolate pringles. Made of what I can only assume to be some form of crack. They combine all the moreish qualities of pringles, but with the bonus that they're made of delicious chocolate and therefore are far superior."

You crack me up!

Cammy said...

Good for you for not eating the big bag. Freezing is a good way to go.

I've got a bag of chocolate that's been in my cupboard for a while now. I'm a little leery of opening it, not because I'm afraid of eating the whole bag but more because I know I'll eat more than I should. Two pieces is only 100 calories, so that's not too bad. But if I do that 3 times a day? not so good.