Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Come hell or high water

Still here and still eating. That should be a negative thing (and is, really) but all is not lost. I promised myself this month that I was going to exercise every day, and so even though I binged again today, even though I spent the evening cleaning up one and a half rooms in my apartment (and the rest is still a mess), and even though I'm kind of tired, at 11:45pm I got on my bike and did 10km.

Everything is going to be OK. Food is bring difficult right now, but I have lunch ready for tomorrow and a friend coming for dinner. She wanted to go to the Indian place near me, but I said no because I ate out so much last week and Indian food is quite heavy. Instead we're going to go to the supermarket and I'll make something (I might have sashimi?). Tomorrow I am going to eat on plan, and I'm going to keep biking. As long as I can keep just one thread unbroken in all this it will stop me from unraveling.

1 comments:

Cammy said...

That's the spirit! So often we have an 'all or nothing' mentality. Fall off the diet? Okay, stop exercising, drinking water, hoping, dreaming, etc. One almost-rickety wheel doesn't have to stop the bus. Keep going!