Monday, March 30, 2009

Another fascinating day in the life

It's the spring holiday right now (and for the next week) so I'm sitting in the LL room with not much to do. I've actually been reasonably productive today for a change! I'm making up a textbook of common mistakes I find again and again in my students essays, and explaining the problem grammar points and how to use them properly, to give out to my teachers. I think having it all listed and laid out like that will really help all of us, and we can start incorporating some of the info into the new student's lessons next year. Hopefully this will mean that by the time they get to the essay lessons in the second year I'll feel less like stabbing myself when I grade them.

Food has been fine for today. I had bran flake cereal and a banana for breakfast so that was nice a filling. I think the switch from muesli occasionally helps me, the extra fiber, and chopping the banana up in it (I don't like to do that with muesli) keeps me full longer. Lunch was a little container of leftover dinner (chicken and aubergine in a chopped tomato sauce), a satsuma, a banana, some strawberry yogurt covered raisins, a Japanese pudding pack, and a portion of the Cadbury Variety things my mum sent me in my package from home. I think it hit the right mix of indulgence and good for me. I'm really happy with myself for controlling my chocolate intake. I was so scared that I would just binge on the massive bag of chocolate when it first arrived, but I've been really good and just had one portion a day. I think tomorrow is the last little baggie in the freezer and then I will be done.

I think tonight I will be on my bike but won't do my weights. I did them yesterday and the day before, leaving my arms quite sore when I woke up this morning. I never intended for the weights to be a daily thing (like I do the bike), so I'll probably do it three or four times a week, giving my arms a break in between. If I get stronger later and decide to go more often then so be it, but I'm happy with that decision for now.

I'm currently sitting here wearing those jeans I was having trouble buttoning! They still give me a bit of a muffin top, but with the right top they're totally wearable.

1 comments:

Cammy said...

Your instincts are serving you well. You always want to give your muscles a rest day in between workouts. Or so I've been told.

Kudos on the jeans!