Saturday, February 14, 2009

Weigh In

I weighed in this morning at 107.8kg, which is 237.16lbs, a loss of 1.8kg or 3.96lbs.

I biked a total of 135km (83.8 miles)on the lowest resistance level of my bike.

I feel really good this week. I didn't binge once, and I worked out every day except Tuesday. I finally feel like I'm making progress, instead of just hovering around the same few pounds.

On that note, I was looking through my old weigh in data and feeling a little down about it. I've basically been hovering around the 110kg mark for the last year, the only exception being when I went up very to last year's high of 118.6kg/260.9lbs. But then, something happened. I was getting ready for my private class last night and realised I had a lot of clothes that I don't wear right now (I out-grew a lot of them on my way up to the a fore-mentioned high weight last year). Some of them were bought online before the big gain, when I was still quite optimistic about how I was losing, so I kept them as goal clothes.

I had a bit of time so I figured I would pick out a few goal clothes again as something to look forward to, an aim to keep me on track. A few of the thing I want to fit in to for when the weather gets a a little warmer include a pair of trousers (that I used to wear all the time before I had my first big gain in Japan that very first winter and couldn't fit into them anymore), two shirts my mum sent me last summer when I was desperate for clothes that ended up being too small, a casual grey top with tiny little heart on it, and a beautiful, long, steel grey skirt that I bought online but could never get past my hips because it was too small (size conversion used to confuse me, plus sizes are so different from place to place.

I tried them on and WTF? Stuff fits. Stuff that didn't even fit when I got them, fits. The shirts my mum sent me in the mail fit perfectly. The grey shirt with hearts is fine too. The skirt and trousers go up past my hips, zip and button with no problem, but are a little too tight to wear at the moment. What the hell is going on?

The weird thing is that I measured myself but I don't seemed to have changed measurements all that much (a couple of centimeters in the waist, but nothing in the hips), so I don't see how I can be smaller, unless I didn't measure myself correctly the first time? Both sets of numbers can't be right.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth here, but I've been exercising for 1 week. 1 week! I biked quite a lot (for me at least) this week, but how has it made so much difference in such a short amount of time? I am all amazement.

My clothing goals are now to fit into the trousers and skirt comfortably enough to wear them to work without feeling self-conscious. I'm so excited about the skirt, I fell in love with it when I first saw it and have never been able to wear it. I also have a pair of knee high boots that don't (have never) fit around my calves. I want to be able to wear them too, but I think they'll take longer to shrink into than my clothes.

My goals for the next week are to drink my water (usually not a problem at all, but I've been slacking a tiny bit the last couple of days), stay on track with my eating, log everything (I just got a new badge this morning for logging my food in daily plate for 21 days in a row!), and meet my goal to do at least 100km on my bike at the next resistance level up (resistance 2).

I've got to get ready to go to Yokkaichi. I'm actually looking forward to it now, it's only overnight so I'll manage. I'll eat what's there, not worry about it, and make sure I exercise when I get back. Have a good week everyone!

Edit: Oh, I just finished writing this and then started my period, so I'm guessing the weigh in is a heavy weight? My back ache is usually much worse than this so I know it's coming, apparently exercise helps that too.

5 comments:

ani pesto said...

Fantastic weight loss result!!

How fab to fit into the clothes you were all ready to make your targets. This is definitely the end of hovering around 110 for you, it's all down from here :-)

Wei Sic Meow said...

That's really exciting news. I'm always saying it, my favourite measurement of how I'm doing is clothing. I love that feeling when stuff that was too small starts to fit, and fit well. The exercise definitely helps with shrinking and toning those inches. Keep up the good work!

Cammy said...

Great results!

The back cramps I used to have disappeared at some point within the first few weeks I began exercising. (They were gone before I even noticed!) So it's possible a single week of exercising could take care of yours. I hope so!

Lauren said...

you are doing so great, keep it up!

pantrypuff said...

You rode 83 miles on the bike??? Wow!