Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thank You

Brain, thank you for not listening to the little voice that didn't want to do much of anything after we got home. I know sitting in the office with nothing to do can be really draining for our motivation. Thank you for realising that not working out when we could would make us feel guilty, and like we were wasting opportunities.

Body, thank you for making it through the 15km I made you do, even if you did have me wheezing and trying to cough a lung up afterward. I would like to know how we can get through 25km feeling great one day and have an asthma attack after 15km another, but we'll talk about that another day.

Pay Day, thank you for being tomorrow. I've had 41 yen in my account since Tuesday and all I have left in my fridge is an egg and a bunch of spinach. You couldn't come a moment sooner.

Hey, I've just realised that after I finish my 100km for this week (just 15 left to do tomorrow) it will mean that I would have exercised 13 out of the last 14 days! I'm in Kyoto for the day on Sunday, so that will be my next rest day. I'll be leaving very early and probably be back late, so there's a good chance I won't get on my bike. If I get back earlier than anticipated I might, but it really depends on how tired I am, I should be walking a lot that day though. The 100km goal still stands so I'll have to spread the missed distance over other days.

I had a bowl of muesli when I got in because I was hungry but didn't want to have a full meal before my workout. After I finished biking I had a gorgeous broccoli, onion and shrimp stir-fry with chili and lemon. It was so good. Food is logged, calories are fine, water for the day is almost finished (I have a few sips left in cup next to me), and barring somebody knocking on my door with free binge food (I'm broke) and me having a mental break and deciding to eat it, that's another clean day.

1 comments:

ani pesto said...

What a lovely way to think of it. I really should remember to thank and appreciate myself and my body from time to time.