Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Shake it baby

Earthquake in my Japan this morning. My alarm had just sounded so I was lying in bed when I felt a slight shaking. I thought a lorry was going past or something, but then the sliding door that leads into my bedroom started rattling loudly and I realised what was going on. It only lasted about 10 seconds, and nothing was damaged (though I heard the sound of a cup or something breaking from the apartment downstairs). Oh the excitement! People have been warning me about earthquakes here since before I arrived and FINALLY Japan delivers. Yesterday snow, today my first 'quake, thank you Japan for making my life more interesting.

I pushed myself on the bike yesterday and made it to 25km, which has put me back on track to make my target this week. The last few days I've done 10km each night and then stopped, when really I could have done a bit more if I'd tried. The scale was down this morning to just above the last weigh in, so I'm hoping I might actually be able to post a loss this week if I keep going strong. I know it's only February, but I'm going to go ahead and say that my bike is the best thing I've bought all year.

My God my apartment needs a good clean, it's a mess. Thankfully though, I'm not. Usually those two things go hand in hand.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

You are doing so great!. My first year in Korea, there was an earthquake north of where I was. I can't remember if I felt it or not. Alcohol has dulled a few of my brain cells since then.

Once Upon A Dieter said...

I've never experienced an earthquake--and I'm okay with that. Several hurricanesa are sufficient terror for me. :)

Glad you're biking like a crazy woman! :D

My 3 Month Challenge said...

Wow hello!! Nice to meet a fellow diet-blogger from Japan. I didn't feel the earthquake this morning though. I must have been dead asleep. And I was late running to work too :<

chubrubb said...

An earthquake! Awesome! (as long as noone gets hurts of course) I wonder how that must feel...
You're doing so great with the biking, it definitely was a great buy for you!

Bev said...

Way to go on the bike exercise! :)

Hanlie said...

That must have been scary! WTG on the biking!

Cammy said...

Strange days, indeed!

I remember reading somewhere (several somewheres, in fact) that it's a good idea to mix up the workout times--a couple days shorter, a couple days medium, and at least one good long workout each week. The theory is that it keeps your body guessing as to what to expect. Whether it's true or not, i have no clue, but it sounds good. :)