Friday, February 13, 2009

Preparing to run the gauntlet

My dinner last night was as awesome as I'd hoped. I had two turkey burgers on sprouted wheat hamburger rolls, with a tomato on top (I had a big tomato that was going soft so I scavenged it from my fridge and sliced it to use in place of ketchup). I also did 15k on my bike before bed, and answered some emails I've been meaning to get around to: Productivity!

This morning I woke up and realised that I had forgotten to make lunch, so I put some Heinz beans and shredded cheese in my bento box, along with a couple of slices of wholegrain German rye bread, so I can have that. The muesli I bought turned out to be really tasty too so breakfast was very nice. I even remembered to take the pork out to defrost (though, granted, I remembered half way down the stairwell and had to go back up).

Tomorrow is Valentines Day so I'm heading up to Yokkaichi (a city about an hour or so north of me by train) for the JET party that's happening up there. I've booked myself into a cheap hotel so that I won't have to sleep on someones floor, but food is going to be difficult all weekend because I'll mostly be eating out. I'll have some breakfast (probably muesli) before I go on Saturday morning, all together I'll be eating Saturday lunch and dinner, and possibly all of Sunday's meals out. If I can I'm going to come home before dinner and make my own.

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning (thank goodness, this is one week I wouldn't like to have to do it on Monday!) and I'll do some biking before I leave. I plan to bike Sunday evening too, so I shouldn't miss any exercise.

Hmm, I'm a little worried. The tools I use (daily plate etc) won't be available to me so I won't know what's in what I'm eating, and it's so much easier to eat badly when you're out and about and surrounded by bad choices.

2 comments:

kathrynoh said...

I think the hardest battle with eating out (for me) is to not get into the mindset that I can eat whatever I want. If I take it slowly and savour the things I enjoy then I can go out to eat without putting on weight but so often I forget and am like... food... gimme more...

Hope you enjoy your weekend away. Btw are you giving anyone chocolates :)

The Better Idiot said...

heh, just 'giri-choco' (obligation chocolates) to my co-workers.