Friday, February 20, 2009

Payday!

Wonderful, wonderful pay day!

I was so broke this month it was insane. My total worth was somewhere in the 50 yen (60¢?) range. Given that something basic like a 500ml bottle of water will set you back 100 yen, things were not good. On the plus side there was no money for binging or 'treats' or whatever else we try and call them. I actually ran out of money at the beginning of this week, but had food in the house so it was OK. It's actually amazing how many meals you can make out of things when you have to.

I must must must go shopping tonight, but it's cold and rainy today. Depending on how lazy I'm feeling I may end up having a cheese (do I have cheese?) and spinach omelet with the very last of my fridge contents and then go shopping on Saturday, but we'll see. I've just remembered I used the last of my milk this morning though, so it may have to be tonight so I can have breakfast before braving the shelves.

Official weigh in is tomorrow and I'm quite excited. I will have to see if I can shave off anything else from my numbers by then, but if I don't it's OK. I have so many meals out next week! *dies*. Sunday it's Kyoto, Tuesday lunch is my regular day but it's my friend's birthday that day so we're going to an Italian buffet place she likes (I DO NOT FORESEE THIS GOING WELL). On Wednesday the teachers want to take her out to dinner so we'll probably be going on Wednesday night (no idea where), and then we're having a restaurant set 'party' meal for her with all our friends on Friday night. The set meal is a buffet type thing again, with tapas to start, pizza, pasta, and desserts, and a 2 hour all you can drink thing. Why is she so popular? Three parties to get through makes me sad.

I've decided I'm going to weigh in Friday morning instead of Saturday next week. The Friday weigh in should help me stay on track during the week, and then I have a little time before the next weigh in after Friday night. I'm not using it as an excuse to binge, but I really don't think there are going to be healthy options and I distrust buffets in general. They're so hard to count.

To be honest, I don't think the scales are going to smile on me next week, and I'm not looking forward to that.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I know it's hard. And I'm no role model, not right now, but you have been doing so great and I know you can do it. Maybe you can write down the number you want to see next and have it in your wallet or something to remind you to make better choices when you go out.

Achieving the Real Me said...

Blessed payday! I completely understand! Even when you have money in your bank account, it is never enough. Thanks for adding comments to my blog. I appreciate it a lot. Oh, and I love your exercise calendar. I gotta get me one of those! :)

Amy said...

I read this thing about buffets and eating wisely. First you check out everything before you take any food and try to sit in a booth so you can't get out easily, and try to face away from the buffet so you aren't looking at it, apparently this helps folks eat a lot less and not feel deprived.