Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ow

I did end up doing another 10km while watching TV last night, which took me to 20km for the day and 75 for the week so far. I weighed in this morning to the same number though and was all '75km down and this is the number you give me? Really Scale? Really?.

Other than that things have been going fine today, I woke up with sore legs though. I felt a little twinge in them last night and then they were kind of achy this morning. I think the fact that I tend to sleep in the fetal position didn't help them. The walk to school helped loosen them up a bit, and now I'm just trying to keep them stretched out. I think I need to make sure I stretch after I finish biking to try and avoid this in the future. 'They' say that the third day is the hardest so I'm going to try and keep going. I'm ahead of schedule this week so I may just go 5km tonight if they're still sore, but we'll see how it goes.

I managed to grab one of the over-sized apples for my breakfast this morning because I was in a rush, but Tuesday is my restaurant lunch day so lunch was higher. We went to an Italian restaurant because the other ALT needed to make a reservation there for Friday. I had a tomato salad instead of my usual garlic and olive oil bruschetta, and followed it with a prosciutto and vegetable pasta with parmesan cheese. Of the things I could have had it was definitely the best choice, the restaurant isn't known for its healthy options. It was so delicious though, you can't even imagine.

Tomorrow is a public holiday so no school, always fun.

5 comments:

Cammy said...

Stretching is always good. :)

Enjoy your day off!

Lynn said...

Heh... I know the sore feeling. Been feeling sore myself for quite a while, on and off. My thighs get sooo tired.

Have a great day!

Mama Bear June said...

Sounds like you need a good soak in the hot tub and a massage! ;-) Hang in there, you are awesome!
Path to Health

chubrubb said...

Enjoy your day off and stretch those legs! :-)

Once Upon A Dieter said...

Italian food is like, dang, my number one weakness. totally. heavenly and hellish, both. And the cheesier, saucier the better. :)

Just make sure you stretch gently, btw, and don't cause stress to the joints there. I am used to being sore just about ALL the time now. Regular trainer workouts guarantee I get pushed, and that the next day, and the day after, ouch.

toodles,
The P