Thursday, February 12, 2009

Movement

The scale finally moved! I want to say 'about bloody time' but I don't want to anger the scale Gods and have them smite my numbers. I was getting so sick of seeing the same number day in day out, I mean, I don't want the numbers to go up, but ANYTHING would have been preferable.

I don't know what was going on there. Maybe my body needed time to adjust to the exercise? Please, no one suggest that I was gaining muscle, I know that excuse gets bandied about a lot but it takes at least six weeks for muscle to make a difference on the scale (unless, I suppose, you're on some hardcore weight program). I moved on to phase two but my body should have adjusted for that already.

Yesterday I did 25km on the bike (a 10km in the morning and a 15km in the afternoon) which got me to my 100km goal for the week! I'm really happy about that, but I'm going to keep going because I don't start a new week until Saturday. Thanks for the awesome suggestions on musicals everyone! I'll see what DVDs I can get hold of, and then maybe I can switch them in an out week by week.

I really wanted to eat yesterday. To the point where I was ransacking my kitchen for anything sweet. To the point where I was considering making cake batter (because I had the separate ingredients for it) and eating it raw. I'm extremely glad that I don't keep snack type food in the house because had there been anything that didn't require preparation I would have eaten it before I had time to think. As it was I made myself turn around and go back to the living room. I told myself I would check how many calories cake batter would blow on daily plate because I was a little under (FYI: I know this won't be a shock, but it's a lot), I've been trying to go for honestly on the plate even when I binge. Then I remembered how quite a few people seem to be having problems recently when it comes to binging, so I decided to check blogs before I ate anything. As I was waiting for the page to load I made a deal with myself, if I had another comment on my blog then I would just ride the craving out, because it would mean that people were reading and I would hate to reply to encouraging comments with a post about how I had just eaten a bowl of cake batter the size of my head.

Luckily for me Fighting_Fat had left me a note, and I was beginning to calm down enough that I didn't try and bargain my way out of it. I made myself a couple of eggs to eat when I got hungry a little later (I'd had dinner, but I had it early because I hadn't eaten enough at lunch)and was in bed by 10. What a party life I lead huh?

I'm so glad I managed to stop myself. So. Glad. If I hadn't I would be looking at a gain this morning, and with me not seeing results from biking I would have been so utterly discouraged.

Today I woke up in time to have a nice bowl of porridge (oatmeal) before work, and I packed my lunch yesterday so I have that and an apple. I've just remembered that I forgot to take the pork out to defrost for tonight, so I might have a shrimp and broccoli stir-fry instead.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I keep nothing snacky in my house for this reason. If I want something I have to cook it from scratch, or eat baker's chocolate and funny enough that kills a craving dead in it's tracks...baker's chocolate is nasty.

Amy said...

I just can't stand baker's chocolate, it reminds me of when we used to raid the cupboard as kids and feed my brother bouillon cubes pretending they were candy. Urgh.

Lauren said...

Great job fending off the cravings. After you mentioned it, I went over to medhelp.org and started posting daily weights and seeing the numbers is actually really motivating. Even a little loss helps.