Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Help please

I woke up at 8:15 this morning! Unheard of for my day off. I ended up going to bed really early last night though, I suddenly felt really tired and decided to turn in. It's good really because it means that (assuming I don't sleep in) I won't wreck my sleep schedule mid-week and feel rotten tomorrow.

I ended up not working out yesterday, I decided to give my legs a rest instead. I woke up this morning feeling much better though, and have just finished doing 10km. I will try to do more later to make up for the day I missed, and I made sure to stretch out afterward so I'm hoping my legs will adapt to it a little better. I'm at 85km done! My weekly goal is so close! I have until Friday night to complete it (I weigh in on Saturday morning so my 'week' begins then), so I may well end up going over it because I want to try and work out at least 5 days a week. The plan is that for every week I complete successfully, I will put the resistance on the bike up one level (there are 9, I'm only using level 1 at the moment). If I don't complete 100km on a particular level one week then it won't go up until I manage it.

My scale still isn't budging! *headdesk* If it doesn't get going soon (as in, by next weigh in) I'm going to start doing monthly measurements.

Now, I need help. I was working out this morning with just music and it wasn't working for me. As I've said before, I've got my bike set up in front of the TV and usually work out to Hairspray the movie. I chose it because most the songs are fast and it's a fun film, so it's easy to keep going with. It makes you want to move. Can anybody out there recommend more musicals that I could watch while biking so I can change it up a bit? The songs should be quite often, and as upbeat as you can.

4 comments:

Once Upon A Dieter said...

I would think FLASHDANCE would have "movable" songs, but use a DVD, right? That way you can just click past the narrative bits and get right to the music. You should also consider renting Bollywood flicks. I love TAAL and a couple of the songs are great to dance to. Those Indian DVDs also often have an option to just watch the musical numbers. :)

HACKERS has some really nifty energetic music, and you can see a young Angelina Jolie be all pouty and rebellious.

CHICAGO. MOULIN ROUGE.

Action fantasy/sci-fi flicks often have very energetic soundtracks. Might be worth browsing YouTube to see which one would work for you. Think along the lines of CROW or MATRIX or ULTRAVIOLET or CRANK or KILL BILL and such. If it's an action flick, it tends to have an action soundtrack. It's not a musical, but may have enough energy to power you through a workout. Browse anime flicks, too. :)

Consider renting compilation DVDs of various artists' music videos. That way, no movie, all music.

Remember. You can watch videos on your computer, so if no movie is around, just do a google for artists you like with great fast music and watch videos on Youtube or elsewhere online. :)

The P

fighting_fat said...

Mamma mia would be great. I felt like breaking into dance during the songs and they are very energetic too,

good luck:)

chubrubb said...

Hmm... I don't think I've ever watched a musical so I can't help you there... But good job on working out so much, you're doing great!

Cammy said...

Five days a week is an excellent target!

Can't help with the musicals, sorry. Not my thing. (My grandmother's repeated viewings of "Oklahoma" kind of killed it for me.*g*)