Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Awesome

The venue for lunch today has been changed from the Italian buffet to a nice Italian restaurant we go to sometimes. This has put me in a great mood because it's not a buffet, and while the food is still not the healthiest, there are better options for me.

All the lunch sets come with starters (a plate split into 4 mini sections with different salads, a soup with bread etc), and a dessert plate (they're small so I'm not so worried, and I think I'll only want the tiny slice of chocolate cake out of the different things they'll give me), and there's a meat course you can order so I don't have to have pasta/pizza. Better yet, they're no option for me to go and get seconds, so that makes life much easier. It's still a restaurant so I'm sure there will be a lot of sodium and the calories will still be high, but in mostly the right types of food, and not astronomically so. I'm so relieved!

Before I went to bed I was 108kg, but I don't think I got enough sleep (I went to bed later) because usually I drop a lot overnight but I didn't is time. I did 15km on my bike last night so I'm OK there, I just have to be patient and keep going. I don't think I'm going to be able to make my goal on distance because I'm weighing in on Friday instead of Saturday. I'm definitely feeling the difference in levels too, so I'm struggling with doing longer spells than 10 or 15km.

2 comments:

My 3 Month Challenge said...

Gotta tell you those are some nice pictures from Kyoto! The food looks great..
And keep up the fitness goals on your bike!

Cammy said...

That transition between levels on the bike (or elliptical or treadmill) is funny. On the one hand you feel really good for stretching your boundaries, but on the other hand...it's harrrrd. Keep up the great work and the great attitude!