Thursday, January 29, 2009

Now is the early autumn of our discontent

The scale hasn't moved the last few days, a fact I shrugged off yesterday and the day before, but for some reason it stuck in my craw a little today. I've been eating to plan, so I know it will move eventually, but it' a little frustrating to wait. I seem to vaguely remember (did I block this out for the sake of my sanity?) going through something like this during my last stint on South Beach, I had some loss and then nothing for days and days while my body freaked out a little(I'll have to check my archives to see if the timing matches up).

That being said, I've only been on this diet, what? Five days? I've just realised that as I was typing this, so I really should give myself a break. I've lost a lot for that time frame (I was 113.2kg when I first stepped on the scale to see what the damage was on Saturday), but it's not the amount that's grating me. I'm thrilled will the numbers, just not the distribution. I like to see the difference every day, even if it's only tiny amounts that will lead to the same number, it keeps me motivated to eat right that day.

I know some of you will want to say 'stop weighing in every day, it will drive you crazy' but that's the way I work, I'm a need to know kind of girl. I completely understand that there are natural fluctuations in weight - and I think I could deal with those better - but that's not what's happening. It's just stuck in place, not going up or down.

Bah *shakes self* never mind. It will move when it moves. I need to make sure I up my calories some today, as they've been lower than I would like some days (I started tracking my food again). It was my own fault, yesterday I was making dinner and thinking about what I had to track, and realised that I had forgotten to eat breakfast. I remembered today, so I think the numbers should be more even today. For lunch I have leftover mabodofu and a little broccoli, remnants of last night's dinner, and a smoked string cheese pack. I'm not sure what dinner will be yet, but there is plenty of food in the kitchen so I'll decide at home. Hamburger maybe.

1 comments:

Scale Junkie said...

are you drinking enough water? Upping my water always gets the scale moving when I've been stuck for a while. Hang in there, it will MOVE!