Sunday, January 11, 2009

Keeping my bearings

I can always tell when I've started a new mental cycle of this old weight loss head game because I feel so good. It's the moment when everything seems fairly easy and I find myself wondering why I ever stopped doing this. Exercise has such a huge affect on this. Without exercise I know that no matter how perfect my food is, there is more I could (should!) be doing if I'm really serious about all this. With exercise I feel like things will be fine, even if food isn't perfect. Even though it's only been a couple of days (I did my 2 mile again today) and it usually takes longer than that for the rush to hit.

Food hasn't been great. It goes OK (not good, but fine) during the day and then I feel like I have to eat eat eat at night. I don't think it's hunger eating for the most part, but I'm not sure what's causing it. Today I decided to go back to The Daily Plate and start tracking my food again, something I haven't done for a while. I'm hoping the fact that I will be writing it down will make me think over whether I really need/want what I was about to put in my mouth, the way my budget helped me with asking if I really needed/wanted what I was about to charge on my card.

I've got a chicken breast defrosting on the side, a little head of broccoli and a small Japanese aubergine in the fridge, so I think that's going to be my dinner. I've also got half an onion cut in the fridge so I may saute that with the aubergine to use it up. I had oatmeal for breakfast (well, I got up late so it was lunch really) this morning, and a handful of cherry tomatoes as a post-workout snack. so things are feeling good for not. If I get really hungry later I may scramble some eggs, but the trick in that is being honest about whether I'm really hungry or if I just want 'something'.

The cupboards are pretty bare right now, so I'll have to go shopping tomorrow. There are times I love having a 24 hour supermarket 2 minutes away, and there are times (specifically, 11 at night which sugar cravings riding me) when it's a real bitch.

2 comments:

SuMarie said...

Hey there! New Year, new blog, new beginnings!

SuMarie formerly Abba from I'm Fat

Tully said...

I love that great feeling when you love the exercise and eating well and you wonder why you don't always do it. I just need to work out what makes me lose... :-)

Sounds like you're doing great!!!