Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm Back!

I made it back to Japan safe and sound, so no worries. I got home and my water had been switched off though, which wasn't exactly the welcome I'd been looking for. There was a note in Japanese on my door dated Dec 27th that said something about the apartment below me and water, so after summoning one of the English teachers to translate we got it sorted. Hee, he said to me 'we will have to call and see what day and time they come to turn the water on', to which I (having been traveling since 7:30pm the previous day and unable to shower, wash my clothes or have a drink of water) answered 'Err, no. No no. Not days: Today. If they can tun in off without my permission they can come and turn it on when I tell them to. They arrived within the hour and the repair guy also fixed the leaky pipe in my bathroom.

I weighed in this morning with a New Year weight of 109.8kg. It's a gain but it surprises me that it's not higher as I went on this trip with the decision to eat whatever the hell I wanted. And oh, how delicious it was, I have pictures friends.

My daily roti canai breakfast:

The roti bread was made up of very thin layers of dough, folded over each other and then griddled, served with a lentil dahl. The above picture was the plain version, we also had egg, and my favourite banana (small sliced of banana in each layer):

Man, I wish I had a banana roti right now. We walked up and down the city exploring, and traveled a few other places too, so I'm sure the exercise is what helped keep the weight down.

I have other food pics I'll post later, but fir now they're making me hungry!

I'm glad I didn't gain enough to go back over 110kg. My new goal event for now in the Valentine's day ball on Feb the 14th. I'm not sure how much I want to lose for it right now because I can't decide if a goal number would help or hinder me, but I do know that I want to get back to exercising. It helps so much, and I stop hating it as much once I get into a routine.

2 comments:

Once Upon A Dieter said...

Welcome back!!! and now , thanks to you, I have a roti feast craving--both with dal and banana. You are WICKED!!!!

The P

Wei Sic Meow said...

Welcome back! Boy, I miss KL. I have family there but haven't been back in ages. I miss the food of course, I was drooling just reading your post!