Wednesday, January 21, 2009

FREEDOM!!!

Excuse my blatant and unchecked use of capitals in recent posts, but exciting news!




FREE FROM DEBT! I'm also currently pretty much penniless in terms of savings, but FREEDOM! Without debt! Debt-less!

I can remember sitting in my hotel room in Bangkok, making a list of how I was going to pay everything off as my resolution last year. The list didn't go to plan (I should have been finished in, um, May 2008), and I just missed the 08 deadline, but the card is empty and it feels goooood. I'm going to class that as a 2008 resolution achieved (given that I was so close), and look forward to 2009 being a year of saving.




Thank you to everyone who commented on my blog last time, my food still isn't good but I'm feeling better. They say the first step is to admit you have a problem...

7 comments:

Once Upon A Dieter said...

Wow. Debt Free! We own our house outright, but we owe on two cars (under 20K totall, but still). That's all we owe..the cars. If my car hadn't died last spring, I'd still be running it. But it served me well for 10 years (well, except the last 7 months), and I had 6 years of it paid off. Nice.

I hope one day to be totally debt free. No house payments (either we buy one for what this one costs, so we can pay outright). No car payments.

We pay credit cards off monthly, and have for years, so nothing there. :D

Dave Ramsey would be proud of you. :D

The P

kathrynoh said...

Congratulations. Being out of debt is the best thing ever. I used to live on credit cards etc but now would never use credit for anything that depreciates in value.

Tackle the weight like you tackled the debt :D

SuMarie said...

Great job on getting rid of your credit card debt! I don't use any credit cards at all. I had a friend who went through identity theft with credit cards. Talk about some scary stuff!

Michelle said...

Zan I know how long you've been trying to pay those off and how much of a struggle it must have been, well done sweetheart.

Doc Manette said...

Congratulations! That is awesome to feel debt free - I am horrible horrible in debt and unless I purchase a winning lottery ticket may never know what that feels like. So I applaud that you for having the discipline to pay off your credit card. Well done.

SeaShore said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful.

Wei Sic Meow said...

Wow! Congratulations! That's such good news and so exciting. It's a great achievement, well done.