Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day 1 (don't screw it up)

Had some pretty bad cravings late last night, but there was absolutely nothing sweet in the house that I could binge on. Dinner had gone well (chicken drumsticks in an onion and green pepper gravy, served with broccoli), and I had posted on here about how I was starting again so I didn't want to screw the first day up with a visit to the supermarket for junk. After my false start a coupe of weeks ago I'm really trying to stick to it, and I know the cravings are the worst now. In the end I ate a couple of cherry tomatoes and went to bed.

Today I got up at 11:30 so my breakfast of a cheese and onion omelet with cherry tomatoes became lunch. Usually I use whole eggs but someone was telling me that most the protein is in the whites anyhow, so I decided to avoid the fat and use two egg whites and a whole egg instead. I couldn't even tell the difference in what I was eating, so I think I'm going to keep doing that. Dinner tonight is going to be chicken, half an onion, aubergine (eggplant), possibly cooked in canned tomatoes because that is what I have in the house. Or I may forget the tomatoes and serve it with green beans as I have some frozen.

I need to go the supermarket but I'll do it tonight straight after dinner. That way I'll have time to make an list, and will be full form the food so may even stick to it!

Scale says I lost some water weight this morning. I was relieved, but it's still higher than it should be.

1 comments:

pantrypuff said...

That food sounds great!