Friday, December 5, 2008

Not the most auspicious start

About 9:20 this morning I got a message from my supervisor asking me where I was. It woke me up. Fuuuuck.

My alarm either didn't go off, or I slept through both it and the snooze alarms. I called her in a panic to apologize and told her I'd take a vacation day but I hate this situation. During the conversation she said 'remember to come to school' which I know she didn't mean in a patronizing way, but it really make me feel like that. I have to be helped with so many things here because of the language barrier and I hate being babied. I wanted to say 'Oh no? Really? Duh!" in a really sarcastic way, but given the situation I didn't really have a leg to stand on.

On the bright side the scale was down a bit today and I'm on plan thus far.

I need to clean up a bit. The rooms I use are clear for the most part, but elsewhere things are getting very cluttered. I want to put up my Christmas decorations but not while my apartment is like this. I also think I should get an electric blanket. I have my mattress in the living room right now because it's warmer, but I don't like it there. My apartment always looks better when I'm using my bedroom, it stays tidy longer. With it gone I can also put my tree up.

1 comments:

kathrynoh said...

I never use electric blankets because they really make me feel blah... but I do love my hot water bottles. It must be cold if you have to move your mattress!