Friday, December 19, 2008

My week

Argh, how has it been so long since my last post?

Food hasn't been good this week, I think I may have jinxed myself by saying how happy I was. Most days were bad, with one or two being just not good. Oh compulsive eating, have I mentioned how much I adore you recently? The closer I get to leaving the less I seem to care, that's not how that's supposed to work right?

The dress I mentioned a few posts back arrived the other day. I'm glad I ordered it online because when I first saw the material I thought 'uh oh', so I don't think I would have tried it on in the store if I'd seen it in person. It looks really nice though! The bust needs taking in (oh my poor pear shaped body) but I was expecting to need to shrink into the hips before the dance and it turns out it fits perfectly. I was looking for spare change in my old bags yesterday (err.. see next paragraph, don't judge me!) and found a little handbag I forgot I owned that will go perfectly with the dress, so now all I need are shoes.

Payday today! Thank Christ for that. I knew I was scraping the bottom of the proverbial barrel when I found 50 yen ($0.56 £0.37) on one of my tables and it made a significant difference to my dinner plans. I added it to the change I had in my purse so I could buy milk, so I could make a chicken supreme sauce pack I had to go my chicken/mushrooms/broccoli.

I have the International preschool Christmas party tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that. They're the same kids that had the Halloween party before and as cute as anything. My friend is coming to my place Saturday night because we have an early start to get to Universal Studios Japan in Osaka on Sunday, my supervisor helped me to get slightly discounted tickets at the train station (every little helps!). Then I have work Monday, a public holiday (for the Emperor's Birthday) on Tuesday so I can do laundry and pack, then back to Osaka Wednesday to fly out to KL. It's going to be busy, but in the most awesome sense!

The exchange rate is insanely good today, I'm trying not to think about it too hard because I'm looking forward to my trip and I know I'll have a fantastic time, but a little part of me really wishes I could send money home today so everything would be clear for the new year. Ah well.

2 comments:

Tully said...

You don't need to tell me about compulsive eating...

Any chance of a photo in your new dress, it sounds lovely!

Have a great holiday and Christmas. 2009 is a New Year! :-)

Tamera said...

Merry Christmas, and have a wonderful trip!!!!!!!
;)