Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Challenge Check-in

Wow, been a while since I've had one of these huh? The last couple of weeks I've gained a little, so while I've mentioned this on my blog I've been avoiding dedicating a post to the check in. Fortunately this week has gone better, so I'm doing a proper check this time.

Pounds Lost This Week: 4
Total Christmas Challenge Pounds Lost: 22.9
Pounds to Go to Reach Christmas Goal: 18

I got back up to 110.0kg before coming to my senses and knuckling down, so while I have lost 4lbs only 2.2 of them are 'new'. As with my last weigh in I actually had a lower number a couple of days ago (107.6) but my end of year party put paid to that (worth every bite!). I'm going to try to not let that knock me over again this time. Last time I was feeling bad about it because I had eaten out and that had caused the bump up, but this time I don't so maybe that will make a difference.

Now, the Christmas challenge is finishing soon so there is no way I am getting to my 40lbs lost goal, but I want to go as far as I can in the time left. If I really work I might juuuust be able to scrape a 30lb loss. It's worth a try anyway.

Even if I don't make it, I'm really glad I did this challenge. Sometimes I join a challenge and it overwhelms me, I get stuck and I feel worse as everyone does better, but this one really seems to have clicked. Even if I do end up taking two steps forward and one back, that's still a step forward in the end.

How is everyone else doing? Working off that Thanksgiving turkey?

1 comments:

Skinny Inside said...

nearly 23 pounds! In, what...14 weeks? That's awesome! I'm glad you're back on track and buckling down for the last stretch!