Friday, November 14, 2008

The verdict in in

The bad news: I have tonsillitis. Or at least they think I do, and have taken a swab of the white things on my tonsils 'to incubate' so they can verify it's not anything else.

The good news: I have drugs to go with it.

I love how I don't have to be scared when I go the doctors here because my insurance covers anything over 5000 yen ($50). They gave me three kinds of pills to take after meals (a pain-killer, something to bring down my temperature, and...? something else? I don't remember what it does), some INSANELY BLUE drops (like, toilet cleaner blue) to mix with water and gargle, and some throat candies to help reduce the inflammation in my throat (oh, that might be what the third pill does too...). It ended up costing me 2600 yen so I really can't complain. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being a cold 9 and 10 being Strep and Mono, I'd rate this at about a four. They did say if I took the pills and they didn't seem to be working (they gave me 5 days worth), to come back for an antibacterial injection, which may bump it up to a 6 in my head.

I'm going to go and eat a little stew so I can take my after meal pills, hopefully they'll help.

After I'm better I must remember to buy a new toothbrush so that I don't end up re-infecting myself.

4 comments:

Scale Junkie said...

OMG that sounds awful...blue drops and all. I hope you recover quickly now that you have drugs!

kathrynoh said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. It must be good to have a diagnosis and a treatment plan.

Cammy said...

Ah-HAH! I suspected tonsilitis. (I really should consider a career in the medical field.)

So glad you went to the doctor and have a plan of action now. You'll be better in no time, now!

Chrissie said...

glad you know whats going on. feel better soon.