Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I don't understand

This weekend it went overcast and cold enough that it had me thinking of Christmas. This morning I had to snake an arm out of my warm bed to flick my halogen heater on before I could drag myself out of bed and into my plushy winter robe. This afternoon the sun had been shining on my apartment all day so I had to open all my windows after I got home. SENSE, IT MAKES IT NOT.

Japanese winter is weird. The sun stays warm, so as long as it's shining the cold (oh so cold) air doesn't really bother you too much. Outside that is, inside my school is noticeably colder due to the lack of direct sun in the hallways. But then if you get in a classroom facing the wrong way you're stifling. I'm kind of looking forward to when it goes (and stays!) properly cold. Not that it will stop me complaining, but at least I'll be able to dress for it.

I'm at that horrible state where my throat feels really dry, I've been drinking water but it doesn't seem to be helping. It made me really hoarse in my first year lesson today.

And as this is suppose to be a weight loss blog: I broke the next decade! It was still there when I got home from work, so we'll see if it goes down tomorrow.

4 comments:

Skinny Inside said...

Yay! on hitting a new decade! Try some lemon tea with honey for your throat, hope you're feeling even better soon!

Chrissie said...

Good job on the new decade.

Lauren said...

congratulations, I hope you feel better.

Cammy said...

yaay for new decades and healing bodies! Hope the trend continues for both. :)