Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nice

Guess who's surfing the Internet trying to avoid the NaNoWrMo document staring her down in the other window? That's right! You win a cookie, but I won't be offended if you pass on it.

I took some (very unflattering!) pictures of myself from the front and side yesterday to give myself some motivation to start exercising again. They're in my bra and pants, so will not be posted here, but suffice to say I spent the night feeling decidedly unpretty. They will act as my personal markers. I'm not sure when I'll update them, whether I'll go by time or weight lost, but we'll see.

Today I'm feeling good though. I'm wearing a new cardigan that I bought yesterday, and have my contacts in and makeup on. Three different teachers have complimented me on the necklace I'm wearing. Actually, one couldn't remember the word for 'style' (she wanted to say 'it gives a sense of your own style to your outfit') and ended up telling me 'it adds a certain gorgeousness' which was even better. The same teacher is also going to give me a tabletop gas ring for nabe/suki-ramen/udon because she has just bought a new version and was wondering if I wanted the old one. Given that the cold is starting to creep in I'm very much looking forward to it. When I went to the conbini to pay for the slow cooker I ordered (I can come home to finished meals! awesome! and only 1900 yen) I said good morning to the old-ish man gardening in the little wild flower area on the edge of school, on the way back he gave me a little bunch of flowers that he had cut for me. I have them sitting on my desk in a cup right now.

It's been a really nice day so far.

2 comments:

Cammy said...

Isn't it wonderful when the universe lines up for you? :) I'm so glad you had a nice day!

Once Upon A Dieter said...

I prefer the adds "gorgeousness". We should start using that.

I'm too much of a coward to take undies pics. The last time I did that prior to a diet, I weighed 157 and was 23. I was lumpy and felt fat. I'd LOVE to be THAT size of lumpiness today.

Gorgeousness Adding Hugs,
The Princess--who thought of you tonight watching Japanese anime ("Hell Girl")