Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm a terrible, cynical, person

My supervisor arrived and was the loveliest thing ever.

She brought me a bag of groceries filled with fruit, yogurt, salad, juice (fresh fruit and things are really expensive here!) and a big bottle of water because she didn't think I would have been able to walk to the store because it's turned so cold the last couple of days, and I need vitamins to make me healthy. She told me not to worry about my lessons, and said that I could take sick leave instead of personal (vacation) leave so 'take a good rest'. This sounds kind of obvious because if you're sick of course you should get sick leave, but many Japanese people take vacation when they are ill, it's just the culture.

I'm a mean, nasty person and I shouldn't judge so quickly. >_<.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

I am also a terrible, cynical, judgy mc judgerpants. Have I apologized for being such a B%$#& last year

Chrissie said...

She sounds like a wonderful boss. Hope you feel better soon.

dadivastreet said...

That's OK, Forgive yourself & move on. Hope you're feeling much better. Thanks for the comment!

aka Bailey said...

Hey if you're into getting an informative and fun little newsletter, you should sign up for Diet.com's weekly "Eat Right News" email. There's a new fitness video every week, and there's always at least 3 or 4 different fitness or diet news stories. There's also a recipe section with a different theme every week - like Italian foods one week, American foods another week, soups, desserts, etc. You can sign up for it here: http://www.diet.com/email_signup.php

kathrynoh said...

That's lovely :D

Scale Junkie said...

I'm glad you have someone looking out for you! Feel better!

Cammy said...

I've had that happen, too. I've even gone so far as to have "preliminary" discussions in my mind so that I can defend my position. Then the actual event turns out to be nothing like what I imagined. You'd think I'd learn. {sheepish grin}

Hope you're feeling better today!