Sunday, November 16, 2008

I admit it

Okay, I'll be honest, I caved.

You can't imagine what it's like, stuck in the apartment all day with nothing to do. I need distractions to stop me thinking about it. But I didn't have any, the temptation was too great and now it's too late.

So it's best that I come out and admit it, especially as you'll all be able to see the consequences.

I changed my blog to a Christmas template.

I swore to myself I would at least wait until Nov. 18th. That's Mickey Mouse's birthday, and the day we had to start giving the 'happy holidays' greeting when we answered the phone at the Disney Store, and I was sooo clooooose. I don't want to get Christmassy too early because it makes it anti-climatic, but I can't help it. The weather has turned a little cold again, and there is Christmas stuff everywhere here because it's only used as a commercial holiday, and TCBOTB is putting up new Christmas themed layouts every Monday. On the plus side I have restrained myself from buying actual decorations for my apartment so far, but come December I am going for it.

I texted my supervisor earlier to tell her I wasn't coming in, she was very understanding, making me feel guiltier. I hope I haven't screwed things up for them.

EDIT: Today I woke up to bright sunshine that, at one point, had me turning on the aircon. It seems the weather is displeased and wishes to show me that summer is not yet over. I have changed the layout to something less festive.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love your new background! It doesn't scream "Christmas" it's more of a winter theme!

Hope you feel better soon!

Cammy said...

but it's not even Thanksgiving!!

(I've been saying that at the stores, too. :))

It's a nice background. Not *too* Christmas-y.

Hope you feel better soon.